Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dave Finds a New Home


I wanted to thank a lot of you guys who expressed well wishes after the downfall of MPH. It was nice to know the car blogging community found the magazine so interesting, even if the website never really lived up to its potential. We were working on a redesign when all the stuff went down too. Oh well.

So where am I now? I’m heading up blogging operations at a little site called Cars.com.


I’ll also be contributing reviews to the main page but my main focus will be the blog called KickingTires. This is a non-enthusiast site aimed at car buyers and shoppers. Expect lots of incentive news, recall notices, new model announcements, price changes etc. We’ll also highlight a lot of original content from the editorial staff here. There is actually a pretty large staff and we blogged live from the Chrysler Sebring event last week.

Stylistically I’m going for wide images often and thinning them out while trying to fit the entire car into the shot. It’s a clean look. All the photos are also left justified which I don’t love but its growing on me. Do you guys notice it at all?

If you have suggestions about the blog let me know. Also feel free to comment in the posts on KickingTires.

Also I want to apologize for not posting here as much but as you can imagine the last two months have been crazy busy. Although I somehow managed to launch two other personal sites recently www.firejeffzucker.com and www.orangeandteal.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Ford Fan said...

Dave, glad to see you landed on your feet, talent like yours wasn't going to sit on the bench for long. I can't wait to check out your new sites. Good luck,
Joe

8:52 AM  
Anonymous ChicagoEd said...

How can you stand that left-justified crap?! It would drive me nuts!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home