Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why a blog for bloggers

The concept for this site was to create a space where automotive bloggers, or even traditional online editors, can come and discuss the issues they come across in covering or commenting on the automotive industry.

Some bloggers are strictly fans of a brand. Some are trying to relay real news items. Some try to entertain. And others combine a number of different tactics.


All are welcome here. We’re looking for “real” discourse over the issues that dictate our coverage and how to improve it. This isn’t a place to bash others or the competition, but to see how each takes on the same subject.

Dave
www.mph-online.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Dave,
This sounds like a great project.
As I'm rocketing toward the end of the semester I'm still madly running around the web gathering info about auto-bloggers. You are most welcome to use any data that you can glean from "Car-Blogs...A Research Project ~ idia-620 information culture" and it's
SURVEY-MONKEY survey.
I will continue the blog after the semester ends Dec 17th 05 but eventually I will change the SURVEY-MONKEY account from premium
(which is costing me a few clams)
to the free version that doesn't have all the features.
This semester has gone by too fast.
I feel like I'm making more progress as time goes by and hate to have to bring it to a halt now.
As I said the blog will stay up, so link to it if you want, or use it in any way you see fit.
I hope I can give back to this great community of auto-bloggers in some way, you have all been very helpful to me. My thanks to everyone out there like Joe, Ben, Dorri and all the rest. ~Bill

8:11 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Dave,
For your new site:
"The Blog for Auto Bloggers"
You might want to checkout
www.technorati.com
and
www.surveymonkey.com
they both have some useful
free stuff.
Bill

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home