Saturday, November 26, 2005

Looking for some advice/help

Ok Dave and the rest of you guys, I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm just a regular guy blogging for the fun of it, I have no delusions of competing with real Auto Journalists or Bloggers. But recently a story hit many blogs about a new Ford Ranger concept from Thailand. Everyone listed Ford as the sourcce, the press release. Is there anyway that I can get on some mailing list for these press releases??

Second stupid question, I'm not really very computer literate, but my nephew is using a new browser call FireFox, he says it's better than Internet Explorer. Does anyone have an opinion on this? I'm also embarassed to ask, how the RSS readers work, I've resisted them, because I actually like to go to each site and check everything out. But FireFox has some sort of RSS reader feature according to my nephew.

I appreciate any response and advice, I look forward to interacting with other bloggers and hope to see more on here.

Joe O'C
MyFordDreams
http://myforddreams.blogspot.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Dorri732 said...

Hi Joe,

I also use Firefox, though I didn't know it had an RSS reader built in. It just seems to work better than IE for me.

I use Google Reader for keeping up with all the blogs I read. www.google.com/reader

Dorri
www.ifitsgotanengine.com

3:50 AM  
Blogger carscomblogger said...

I use both IE and FF. But for daily use I use firefox much more. IE more to check the site and make sure it looks ok.

The built in RSS reader on Firefox is great. Otherwise believe it or not I use my yahoo (because of fantasy football) to see my RSS feeds.

5:25 AM  
Blogger carscomblogger said...

as for ford stuff email me I'll help you out.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Big Ford Fan said...

Dori and Dave, thanks for the feedback. It's amazing how much I don't know about computers and the internet. But hopefully with the help of other bloggers like yourselves and my computer savy nephew, I'll catch up.

Dave, will email you direct on the other matter, thanks.

Joe

6:37 AM  
Blogger Croak said...

Well, as somebody who has had his bills paid by Microsoft for the last few years, I'm sticking to my guns and not jumping onto the FF bandwagon.

Personally, I hate what FF is doing to the web..this mad rush to "fix things" and implement new features that are only supported by Firefox is playing hell on the 90% of surfers who are IE users.

It's a case of the minority (tech savvy, or bandwagon hopping)trying to dictate to the majority. IE ain't perfect, but it ain't evil either, and it works out of the box.

If my blog looks like crap on FF, so be it, it looks ok in IE, and IE users make up 95% of my readers to date. When IE 7.0 goes public, I'll worry about Web 2.0 crap.

Back in my day, we walked uphill in the snow five miles each way to check our email, and we LIKED it. And all the blogs back then were steaming yellow text on a cold cold white background. ;)

8:36 AM  
Blogger carscomblogger said...

we see 75% IE, 18% Firefox

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I read a quite a few blogs and I've tried pretty much every RSS reader out there, Windows apps or web apps. I have three computers at work, two at home, one laptop and a smartphone and I ended up using an online RSS reader (newsgator.com on PCs and bloglines.com on smartphone) because I wanted to have the subscription list and the read/unread status in one place.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Big Ford Fan said...

Hi, sorry for being out of touch there for a few days. I downloaded FireFox and don't know why people think it's such hot stuff. I'm sticking with IE and going to Google Reader for RSS.

Thanks,
Joe

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home